WHO South-East Asia Regional and Country Offices Emergency Readiness Training IV
25-28 September 2018, New Delhi, India
The Emergency Operations (EMO) unit at WHE/SEARO is organizing the WHO South-East Asia Regional and Country Offices Emergency Readiness Training IV from 25 to 28 September 2018 in the hotel Four Points by Sheraton, New Delhi, India.
The general objective of this training is to train participants on WHO’s guiding principles on response to outbreaks and emergencies and prepare them to effectively perform as per WHO’s commitment to Member States.
The specific objectives are:
- To review status of readiness of WHO Country Offices and Regional Office
- To orient staff on elements of readiness (policies, documents; tools/templates; rosters; networks/partnerships; exercises/training; key information systems)
- To orient staff on health emergency information management and risk assessment
- To orient staff on communications (risk communication and external communication)
- To conduct a simulation exercise to integrate all skills/knowledge acquired from the readiness training modules
The training will support organizational operational readiness activities of WCOs. This will be the last in the series of four training modules. The first readiness training module was held on July 2017 covering the Emergency Response Framework (ERF), Incident Management System (IMS) and emergency information portal (vSHOC). The second readiness training module was conducted on December 2017 which aimed to have WCOs develop their Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Contingency Plan for most vulnerable threat. The third readiness training module conducted on 10-12 April 2018 covered operations support and logistics (OSL), human resources management, finance and resource mobilization.